Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Dina

I have been quilting about a year, but this is my first traditional quilt. I am using the Ohio Star pattern. Yesterday went really well. I figured out what fabric to use, figured I would make four different squares and make four of each, and I successfully sewed three squares.

Today nothing has gone right. I just finished ripping and ripping and ripping.

I am smart enough to not sew any more tonight, but when I was stacking my 4 1/2 inch squares, I noticed that some of them seemed larger than the others. Well, I was right. Some of them are 4 3/4 inches. Now how did that happen??? I use the June Tailor Shape Cut ruler???

So I am frustrated and wish I had not started. The quilt is for my sister-in-law. I just decided to make her a quilt and asked her husband what colors she liked. He happened to mention that she had been looking for a quilt with the Ohio Star pattern, so I figured....why not? She doesn't sew, but she sort of collects quilts.

Well, now I wish I had stuck with Warm Wishes or something that I had done before.

BUT, things will look better tomorrow. I just had to vent. I have ripped enough seams out today to last me until 2011!!

I am not trusting myself enough to trim those squares tonight. I would wake up tomorrow and find they were wrong again.

Thanks for listening. I feel better already. :)