Thread: My quilt Dilema
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
hsquiltingmom

Hi,

I am working on quilts for family members for Christmas. I am trying to use fabrics that are around the house, as we are tight on money right now. The quilt I am having an issue with is my son in laws.

I am using some green flannel that have little animals driving race cars (the reason behind the quilt is that all the quilts they have for their bed are feminine quilts). I am using the churn dash pattern and 1 of the pieces I am using has different flags, and one is a plain light blue. I have 9 squares done, and cannot find scraps of the fabrics. I have more of the blue, however. So I am trying to decide what can be done to make more squares.

I thought of making just some blocks that have race car appliques, I found a piece of flannel with fire trucks on it, and so I could do those, but would have to change my colors on the block.

So I am asking for suggestions. I would really like to get this one done for Christmas. The ones for my others I can always finish later. So what are your suggestions?

Thanks