View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 PM
leatheflea

Originally Posted by aborning
Love the tote. Looks similar to the Totes I am making for my employees at work. How much are you selling them for? I will have some extras and was thinking about selling them so am curious what you sold yours for. What kind of batting or stabilizer did you use in your totes? It looks very firm so am wondering what you used. Thanks for the info.
I made 2 sizes, $20 and $30, and the buyers said "thats all" so I suppose you could get more. I had a lady offer me $40 to make one. Which blew me away, theres no pockets! No closures. I made one tote for a lady that just wanted a simple bag to put her purse down in for the holidays. So I pulled this pattern out of my head. I didn't expect to get requests for more. In the lining I used a Fusible Pellon like they use in shirt collars. If you ask the clerk at joanns they have 2 different weights I use the heavier of the 2. I dont have the number because I throw the instructions away. On the outside fabric I used Pellon971 it too is a fusible. Those instructions are still in my trash can..LOL. I also use both fusibles in the handles. Good luck with your totes!