Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, the table runner is totally nifty! What a great idea!

"ignore my mess" When I see a mess, I'll make sure & ignore it. You should see my mess!

I have been assigned a "project" at work, but need to do it at home. Don't know how they plan on compensating me for it as it isn't something I would have done on my own!

A warden in the state wants a quilt made from his Crown Royal bags. Been sorting and cutting a few apart. One is a gold suede-like and another is deep purple velour - special contents, I guess. There is also a teeny tiny one - maybe for a nip? It's getting sewn onto a square of the gold suede as a whole bag, complete with drawstring. It's kinda cute.

There are 33 purple flannel bags, 9 black flannel bags & the 3 already mentioned. Don't know what the black holds, or for that matter the gold or deep purple. There are several kinds of Crown Royal, but I couldn't find any info on the net about the bag colors.

I also started cutting out the beginnings of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks. Soooooo, I have quite the mess.

The quilt will finish as a throw for his "man cave." I will probably need my own Crown Royal bag, complete with contents by the time I'm done with this. My heart just isn't in it. Thank goodness - no deadline. Oh, why am I doing this at home? I can't take the booze bags into the prison! Go figure!
That's a bit tough, Quilt - in fact I think its a bit of a cheek. He could have commissioned one of the more able inmates to make it for him, couldn't he?