View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Nancy11442

Originally Posted by leakus
I wanted to have an embroidery machine. My budget was $2000 and ended up chosing this machine at $1600. I know is not the latest technology but couldn't go up on the budget because this is just a hobby and this would be my third machine (have another Pfaff for sewing and quilting and a Pfaff serger).
Can you tell I am a Pfaff lover?
Now I am going to try it! It comes with free owner classes for life (once a month) and some personalized classes. My dealer here is Cynthia at Cynthia Fine Fabrics in Tamarac, FL. I love her Customer Service and dedication to her clients. Her support makes the difference!
What do you have to say about this machine? Other fanatics?
I also have the Pfaff 2170. It's not as usuer friendly as my Janome 11000 and I guess I have a "love hate" relationship" with it. I did not get good instruction on it so it has been trial and error (mostly the latter) for me. Have not even learned the embroidery function on it and I so want to use that. Have the fabric mover and all the bells and whistles and wish I could use it to its potential. I've been back to dealer where I bought it but it's hopeless. A friend also has this and she's helped me alot and will soon teach me the embroidery...after the holidays. I've had this machine 3 yrs and still stumble around. I'm old, so if you're young, you'll get it alot easier than I have. Good luck...I wish you well and I really mean that.