View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
lfw045

I say do your thing Shelly and don't worry about it. I doubt seriously that the quilt police are going to visit your friends and family that you choose to make quilts for. :wink:

I will also say this. Any artist in any medium should realize and accept that if they put their designs in a magazine or on the internet that they are going to be copied by anyone who likes them and chooses to try and reproduce them in a quilt in their chosen colors. It is a compliment for crying out loud. That is one aspect that I have never been able to wrap my brain around. They put their art out there for all to see and compliment and give them kudos for but by golly you better not make a copy of it even just for yourself.........selling for profit I can understand and agree with. Makes no sense to me. They should just keep if for themselves and be done with it and not tempt the rest of us who like to make nice things for ourselves.........sorry..........I'm off my soap box now.........LOL.

If you would like to flame me for my opinion, please do it with a colorful quilt picture........LOL!

Linda D.