Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Ramona Byrd

Taste of Home came to my town some years ago for two times that I can remember, went to the presentations and they were marvelous. Lots and lots of people attended, and even I won a small TV in a drawing. The walls of the fairground building were lined with local companies giving samples and having drawings...The recipe books were lovely and had sensible recipes. Now, it isn't very good and if they sold it to a huge company that's the problem right there. Sad what's happening to my favorite magazines, I've stopped them all and can't say I miss them much.

Yesterday I rec a magazine in the mail called Marie Clair, which I did not order. I suspect it was a mis-click on some of the sweepstakes sites I go to.

I'll send it back and try to cancel it. And be way more careful about sweeps, though I've won a lot from them over the years, but almost all of them from snail mail and second chance sweeps. Nice wins too, started with a computer in 1985, a Mac 512, which I still have and it still works.