Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Lesley, My Senior Warden told me about all this. I don't ever tell him "no." (I like my job too much!) I don't really mind as the one he picked out to make is rather simple. The biggest task it cutting the bags apart and figuring out what I can get from each besides the square where the embroidered words are. He has 45 bags of different sizes.

I attached a pic of the quilt he likes. His will be different in that there are 28 logos in this one & he has 45 bags. All these bags are the same while his are purple, black & gold. I am thinking about a final border of purple and couching the gold drawstrings from the bags in a curvy design on that border.

This quilt is tied & I will quilt his.

I didn't think having booze bottle bags back in the prison was a good idea! If an inmate was to do this, he would have to foot the bill for the extra fabric and such. Most inmates don't have that much money on their accounts. I will get the supplies and save the receipts. I just wanna get paid for my time away from my own life!

There isn't a deadline on this, so I can work at my own pace this time. The last one I did for the Senior Warden/Secretary of the Department of Corrections was a really short time frame. That was the Pink Ribbon cancer quilt that I worked on while we went to Albuquerque at the beginning of November.

I gotta get off this darn internet and quilt some on JJ.

Royal Crown Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138933[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138928.jpe