Thread: "What dog?"
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 08:53 PM
quiltjoey

This is my first FMQ. I took a class with the best teacher I ever had for anything. She showed us her landscape, gave us the kits of material for the project (actually we bought the kits) and told us to make our landscape however we wanted to design it and do it. She explained how to cut out the "pieces" of what we wanted and where we wanted it on our "canvas". I loved every minute of making this landscape hanging. At the beginning I kept breaking needles. I broke 6 in a row and thought I am not doing this right. Go on the Quilting Board and started reading and discovered I was using the wrong size needle after I bought packages of 100 ec of 4 different size needles! Duh! Now I have 400 needles! But haven't broken a single one of the since I put the last needle in the machine. I loved being able to do what ever I likes. No points to match, no blocks to come together! It will never will a blue ribbon and I hope the quilt police are not on duty while looking at it. There are hundreds of pieces in it that I cut out and put where I wanted them to look on my landscape quilt!!

"What dog?"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138945[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138940.jpe