Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Maire

[quote

I quickly realized this project was infinitely bigger than I was, that there was a divine hand in the whole process, that I was just the legs on the ground, and that the major part I was to play was to listen, pray, yield, and, most of all, to have unshakeable faith that He who starts a good work in you is faithful to complete it.

Monies and support rolled in almost effortlessly.

Ideas and plans popped into my head in ways that let me know I had not dreamed them up, they'd been given.
The local newspaper, the local Welcome Center, local Ruritan clubs and quilt guilds, local churches, the Greek organizations at Lynchburg College, our American Legion, and Bedford's National Guard unit all joined the effort. Overwhelming!

Jan in VA[/quote]

Jan, I understand your feeling, this summer I was involved in 2 different projects for the soldiers-Walter Reed bags for the wounded & later Christmas stockings to be sent to those overseas. What started out as a simple day in my sewing room quickly snowballed into a communty effort, I didn't ask for a thing but a local church donated the use of their community room, a veterans group became involved, there was newspaper coverage, meals for the sewers were provided, a major sewing machine companyeven donated new sewing machines for door prizes. There had to be a divine hand, every step of the way there was an angel happening, I am still in awe.
Maire