View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
blzzrdqueen

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I just found out a friend of mine is buying gifts for my 2 daughters. Money for me is extremely extremely tight and I can't afford to buy for her kids...if she's buying for my kids, am I obligated to buy for her kids?
How did you find out? If you don't usually exchange gifts, you wouldn't be expected to do it now. Did someone tell you so you would know to get gifts for her kids too? I always have little "gifts" under the tree for unexpected events like this. Go to a store that has little boxes of chocolate samplers, or inexpensive novelty items. You can pick up something for two or three dollars.
She told me herself. I told her we can't afford to do anything and she said it was ok, she's not expecting anything, and she wants to do it anyways. The thing is, these people are our friends but they are very irresponsible with their money...they're house has already been foreclosed and the bank owns it. I told her NOT to do it, but she's insisting and says it's the little joy that she has left...