View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Ritacarl

I just finished a Tumbling blocks quilt top. I had the same problem. The old pattern I had just said "sew together" but no HOW. This is what I did. I took a block. That was a light top and the med. and dark bottom. I cut the top template into two pieces, making sure I added 1/4 inch. Now I had 4 pieces. Then I made rows going up and down.
I layed two blocks side by side. That made for a block to be placed below in the middle. At the left there was a place for 1/2 of a block or the left side of the quilt. I proceeded on down the side. Now take the top block and divide it in-two. Pin together the top light piece with the med piece. This is where you will sew. Continue pinning a row of just the light piece and med piece. Pin as many as you want. Sew together. Now take the light piece and the dark piece and pin it together. When pinning be sure you get the top piece going the correct direction. I had to rip a few times to get into the swing of things. Now you have two rows. Pin the two rows together matching light pieces and medium to dark. When sewed together iron. Place the strip on your work surface, which for me was the guest room bed, and then make more rows. This is the only way I could figure out how to put it all together. If you can't understand, just let me know.
Rita at [email protected]