View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
CindyinNY

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
Cindy, try this and see if it helps.

Reset your machine; totally turn it off and then turn it on and set the stiches all over again.

check the tension

use a NEW needle

check the thread to make sure it isn't catching on something at the top of the machine. maybe the thread thingy to keep a spool on is not allowing the spool to rotate.

rethread your machine. maybe the thread wrapped around the part that goes up and down

Rewind a new bobbin. If it loaded uneveningly it will not work right.

is your feeddog up?

is there something wrong with your stitch in the ditch foot? sometimes they get stuck and won't stitch right. mine needs to be messed with a little then its ok.

Somewhere along the line it will go back to working again. If your machine hasn't been serviced in a year or so, it may be time to get that done too. Alignment is a must. But check all of the above before running out for service.
Maybe now is a good time for a quick swig before going back to your machine. And it wouldn't hurt to tell your girl how much you love and need her right now. And that she's a wonderful friend to you. bla bla bla. Go heavy on that. LOL

I hope you get back on track real soon. Let us know what makes it all better.
Turning the machine off and on won't do anything, it's just a reggular sewing machine, not computerized. Feed dogs don't lower or raise either.
I bought new cotton thread, I don't have a "stitch in the ditch foot", have never heard of it.
Only thing I can do is try to rip out the first two and maybe try hand quilting.......never done it before and my hand sewing is not very good.
Maybe I should just give it up and go buy her something else. I sooooo wanted her to have these as the fabric has pink grapes and her kitchen has a border with them on it.