View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Born2Sew

I do think it's something in our blood. I love to sew, have loved sewing since I was a little girl. My Mom, however, hates anything to do with a sewing machine. My Dad's mother, and all of his sisters sewed. One sister worked for Singer for years. Unfortunately, none of them lived close enough to me to teach me anything. When my paternal grandmother passed away, dad inherited her machine because he had bought it for her. A Pfaff 130.

I would beg for fabric every time we went to town. Starated out making aprons for my other grandmother. That was something I could come up with without a pattern. Then I took home ec and learned a little more there.

I didn't sew much after I first got married until a good friend of ours made my husband a western shirt. He went on and on and on and on....ooing and awing over it. I thought, I can do that just as good as she can! So, I bought my first machine and started making his shirts. For years he didn't have a store bought shirt. I saved all of my scraps for years and finally decided to make quilts with them, so here I am. I don't have the room to really lay out fabric to cut out clothes. But, I can cut out quilt pieces, so at the moment I've having fun with quilting.