View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
scraphappydenise

My DH knows why I quilt... It's my therapy, and he agrees, he probably coudn't afford the other kind, if he ever took my machines away from me.... LOL

My mom sewed,(I remember sewing buttons to fabric when I was 4 or 5) and two of my three sisters sewed too. In HS and college, just about everything I wore was made by me. I worked in fabric stores, loved to help others create their own fashions.... Dad bought us a ping pong table one year at a second hand shop. I don't think we hardly ever played ping pong, but two of us could cut out patterns at the same time. SOmetimes there would be 3 sewing machines all humming along in the basement at the same time! good memories....

I used to tailor my own jackets, and coats... enjoyed the process all the way.... I took my first "quilting class" in 1974, with my sister in law. We've both been quilting ever since.... I don't make my own clothes anymore, in fact i've gotten rid of all my patterns.... *none of them would fit me anymore anyway).... and if it's not quilting fabric, I got rid of it too! my stash is 100% quiltable....