View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 AM
quiltinghere

When I reorganized my sewing area (for the last time I hope), I put all my projects and 'collections' together. They're neatly labeled in see through plastic totes and shoe boxes. All my other fabrics went together by group (squares, strips, FQ, etc.).

When I placed the containers on the shelving units I put the projects and collections FIRST AS I WALK PAST THEM and then the fabrics. If you don't have shelving, try putting the UFOs 'right in front of your face' and put your fabric in a harder to access place (even if you have to just cover it with a blanket).

Then concentrate on finishing them one by one according to the ones closest to being finished. You'll enjoy the accomplishment and will move quickly through the rest of them. (This is what I'm doing and hope to accomplish this coming winter)

Kinda like paying off your smallest bills (so you don't have to worry about them) and then tackling the big one with gusto! It's the feeling that you're actually accomplishing something that makes you want to continue quickly!

Good Luck!