View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 AM
sunnycat

I have always loved arts and crafts. I didn't much care for dolls or barbies, but I loved making things. I had those plastic looms you used loops to make potholders and that spinny thing you dropped paint into. Apparently, I was really into my lite brite as well. I remember spending hours trying to fix my mom's ancient Singer, but could only get it to do a few stitches before breaking again. One day, I spent hours collecting bits of cardboard and fabric and glue making my own shoes. They didn't even make it to the bottom of the driveway, but the interest was clearly there.

My life might have been different I had someone to guide me in my interests. My mom didn't do anything crafty and left my dad as a single dad most of the time. Dad did his best though, and I was the best (and only) little girl in my schools wood working club! Then I got into a super tough academic program and had to drop art.

When I turned 27, I decided to teach myself to cook. That sparked a passion that inspired me to pick up art again. Then I taught myself to knit. Then 6 months ago I got my dream sewing machine. Now I'm hooked on quilting.