View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 AM
plainpat

I'd be glad to answer any cooking questions you have. Just PM me. Hope this TOH site helps you.I like the last post.BTW.....just wrap them good & if baking for holidays, you can bake them the day before, if you want.I also cut 3 strips of foil,2-3" wide & put on the pie edge to keep it from getting too dark.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/670901.aspx

Originally Posted by btiny36
Hi, everyone, since I consider myself an orphan as both my mother and grandmother no longer is here with me, I have no one to call up for advice on cooking/baking.

My question is, I want to make my apple pies ahead and freeze them, first off I'm going to use premade pie shells no time to make homemade...
- so do I partly pre-cook the bottom crust then put the apple mixture in (homemade) then put the unbaked top crust on and freeze
- or do I just make up my apple filling, put in unbaked pie shell, put top crust on and freeze
- or do I just bake the whole pie and then freeze, then take out day before and thaw?
My concern is, that the liquid from the filling will make the bottom crust soggy....

Thanks to everyone who helps me with this. It's such an emotional time for me when I know I just can't pick up the phone and call mom or grandma for help...