View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
hazeljane

Wow- I think it's a "you say potato, and I say potahto" kind of thing. I don't make wall hangings or table runners, or minis, just because they are not my thing. I make larger quilts. (and bags, and pillows...) I have alot of respect for the time it takes to make art quilts and minis. That said, I have no interest in making them myself.

In my world, and historically in my family, tied quilts are also called quilts. I have one my great-grandmother made more than 100 years ago. And my husband's made of feedsacks by his grandmother, 63 years ago.

I also have no ego with my quilts being called blankets- I give them away hoping that they will be loved and used up- I don't make heirloom quilts, and there is nothing sadder to me than a quilt that stays pristine in a closet instead of being used. I also know that this is just me.

We are all different. This board allows me to see new and wonderful things that I might consider making, and also that I will never consider making, but enjoy seeing. It's a cause for celebration, not diviseness. So yes, I know what Lavona meant, but I don't think she intended to offend.