Old 12-07-2010, 04:26 PM
mshawii

Originally Posted by arpdesigns28
Sooo, I'm at the local Peddler's Mall with my mom looking for some gently used furniture for my little brother's new house. Aaaand, while looking around, Mom and I stumble upon a super old school sewing table with the built in machine. I think it is the featherweight, and the price for it was about like $30-$50 for the whole thing. At that time, I was looking for a good little sewing table for my current Singer (for those of you who have Pfaffs, or Berninas, stay calm, lol). I opened it up and was shocked at the find. My questions are:

1. Is it a good buy? The machine is questionable in terms of functionality, but the cabinet itself is in great shape.

2. If the machine is damaged, how repairable are they?

3. Has anyone been through this before, and what was your experience?

Would appreciate your responses. I have seen a few posts about the featherweights, and how valuable they are.
Okay here is the deal, Featherweights don't have cabinets. They come in little black boxes about 14-16" by maybe 10". They used to have tables that you could buy separately and now they are remaking them. The big thing is a Featherweight has a small surface that folds up against the front of the machine. All the others are solid. Even if it is a big machine that is a good price if you can make sure that it runs. If not, I am not sure but I would walk away. Just my thought. Jan