Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by barnbum
Well--I switched the 11th and 12th fabrics...but will that be too many "solids" in a row then too many prints in a row? And are the creams different enough?
Sigh... I need to stick with something at some point but with 20 pieces, there are so many ways to change it!
When I made my Swish Bargello, I needed 24 fabrics. I chose 30 to 35, laid them on the cutting table. Everytime I walked in the room I looked at them. If one slapped me in the face I took it out and put it away. When I got down to about 26, 27 fabrics I cut 2 1/2" strips from each of them and put the bolts away. I pinned the 2 1/2" strips on the design wall in the order I had in mind at the moment.
Again, each time I walked into the room I looked at them. If one of the strips slapped me in the face I moved it closer to a cousin, sister or brother. Looked again each time I came into the room. If one strip kept jumping out at me and didn't disappear anywhere I put it, I took it out and put it away. When all the strips disappeared within themselves I felt like I was ready.
In Danmar's instructions and tutorial she says the fabric only has to work with the 2 fabrics on either side of it. That rule and my disappearing act worked for me. Good luck.