View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Kyiav10

A few years ago, before I started quilting I had gottn a few books. One I think is called "Quilting 101" and the other one is also a beginners book. Well the second one had a list of supplys that would be needed. A little over a year ago I took a list and went shopping. Until I had the supplies, not all b/c I thought I could get the rest later if needed, and a few yards of fabric, quarter inch foot with flange, I was already over $200.00.

For marking on dark fabrics I like the Clove pen, it washed off. And I just got a new one from Joann's, it is blue on one end and purple on the other. Purple wears off (it says within 48 hours - but it was actually a few hours for me) and blue rubs off with wet cloth. That was a little bit of a pain but at least I knew it would come off.

I do not have any grips for my rulers.

My mom gave me a pair of gloves that I am not sure where she got them, but they are yellow and have blue dots on them. They hole the ruler on my hand but it will slip if I push it on the fabric. But the NEAT part is, if the blade hits the gloves they won't cut it, I've tried it to make sure (with hands out of gloves of course). My mom gave these to me when I had an accident with the rotaty cutter and couldn't get it to stop bleeding for a little while. Had me a little worried. But a little more than a week later you couldn't tell I cut myself. I think these gloves are my favorite so far for tools.

The seam ripper is my least favorite...but only b/c I hate to have to take them apart.

Kyia