Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
wanderingcreek

I like the way you have the fabrics now. They will make a gorgeous bargello. When I make mine I lay the fabrics out like you have but I also put a bunch more randomly in another row or rows depending how many others I have in the same colors and then just other ones I like that I think may fit. I usually leave them like that for a couple of weeks and keep looking at them and experimenting with others until I like the way they look together. I find if I second guess myself too much then I get frustrated and worry that it might look better the way I had them before. Once I like the way it looks, I just start making the quilt. I might have to try cutting strips and checking that way but my way seems to work for me. I took a short class on bargellos a couple of years ago and the instructor had us lay out our fabrics and some people thought I should use a different fabric than one I had chosen and I let myself get talked into changing and when it was done, I didn't like that fabric in it. I have never finished it and the top remains in my UFO basket because I don't like the way it now looks. I have ben happy with all the other bargellos I have done since then. Have fun making yours.