View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Marilyn_Wiggs

Hello to all of you; Murphy, Kim, Pam, Patty and Quiltzilla. Thank you so much for responding to my post so quickly.

I'm so glad that I have found a place where I can ask questions of all of you seasoned quilters. I'm glad you are willing to share your "secrets" about quilt making.

Kim, I have made you one of my favorite "sellers" on Ebay. I have been purchasing quilt blocks already made off of Ebay. I've made 8 purchases so far and received 2 of those so far. I put borders around them and will be putting quilts together to give to the VFW for that vets home in Barstow. Of course, I will be letting the lady with whom I am working at the VFW know that I did NOT make those particular blocks; that I bought them off Ebay, but that I did put them together to make the quilt I would be donating to her organization. I won't take credit for work I have NOT done myself. I just wish I knew WHO made those blocks I bought off Ebay so I can give credit where credit is due.

I also am studying each set of quilt blocks I receive from Ebay to see how they are made...and learn how to do them myself. Lord knows I have enough material to choke a horse. Hahahaha.

Also Kim, thank you so much for the links. I will surf them today and, hopefully, learn something. I can't wait to get started trying to make the 8 point stars.

Quiltzilla, thank you so much for the compliment. I wasn't sure how much info I should give but decided to give the basic details so you all know to whom you are "talking".

Today I am going to get out my "browns" materials and see if I can put together blocks that are pleasing to the eye as far as mixing and matching the colors/prints. That's the hard part for me. What may look beautiful to me may look ugly to someone else. I guess I also have to learn the correct way to decide which fabrics to put together into a block so that it is pleasing to the eye.

Lord, there is a lot of stuff to learn.