Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Panther Creek Quilting

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I used to agree with your mom, but now I love sewing on knits! What kind of machine do you have? Does it have a setting for knits? Make sure that you use it!! ;) Or use a wonky stitch, the zig- zag stitch, that looks almost straight. Mc Calls and Simplicity both have darling patterns just for knits for children. Look at the stretch requirement on the side. Put in a brand new needle, for knits or stretch fabric. Be careful cutting your pattern, use pins for knit fabric. Once you get the hang of it, you will love sewing with stretchy fabric.
You can PM me if I can be of more help. :?
I have a Brother SE 350. Not sure if it has a setting for knits in particular, but will check that out in my manual. Now when you mention look for the stretch requirements, what do you mean? Does the pattern state that the knit material have a certain amount of stretch? if so does the bolt state that this material has XXX amount of stretch?

I may keep you on speed PM. I would like to get a few outfits done soon, but may have to wait til after Christmas.