Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Panther Creek Quilting

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Sewing knits is not really that bad. Follow the ideas suggested by Grama and Bear and you will be fine. I made all of my daughter's pants when she was young because she was so skinny, nothing fit. There are tons of great patterns and fabrics out there.

In answer to your question about stretch requirements, look on the pattern envelope. You should see a bar that says something like "a four inch piece of fabric should stretch to here". That is the stretch gauge.
Well I understand the nothing fits issue. Think that is the main problem with the jeans. She is so long waited that when she sits it pinches in all the horrible places. She is tall but because of her long waist her legs seem to short for the size she needs. I end up cutting off 3 or 4 inches on anything we buy. So I thought why not make something that is perfect for her.

I will look for the stretch gauge and will try and find some help instore if I am confused there.

Really excited that this may be possible. I love my mom but this is something she would never tackle (mind you only thing I can think of that she avoided).

Sheila