Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 AM
ArtisticDesign

Hiya Ghostrider,

yes!...I decided to practice with her strips'n curves basic template set(the quarter circle and L shapes) last night ( which I just traced strt from the book onto grided templar)..
Noting that she stated to make sure to write your name on the right side and don't reverse it when cutting your pieces out
First off that templar is so thin I kept cutting into it with my rotary cutter= try scissors lol
Second off, I watched a youtube vid on how to sew curves without pins..And about half way though sewing them together I got all excited cause they were looking great!
By the time I got almost to the end the "L" shaped piece was about 1-2 longer than the quarter circle piece...This happened 3 times..
Only thing I can figure out is:
1) Either I was stretching it out by pulling too much cause the L shape is cut on the bias..
2) Or the template in the back of the book that I traced is a messed up misprint
3) Or It is in fact that I had the template upside down ( even though I know I checked my written name 3 times lol)
4) Or possibly that I had my fabric folded wrong but, I thought I was getting pretty good at that and have had no problems with anything else...
Any input/advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
I WILL conquer circles n curves!.. It's what I want to learn most! lol