View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 AM
brighmet

I have a #1+. I love it. I have had it for quite awhile probably 10 years. I do not really use it for embroidery even though I had to have that when I bought it. If the machine she is selling is a just a #1 (without the +) you won't be able to do any embroidery on it. You will be able to do alot of decorative stitches. That will depend on what cassettes are included with it. You can find extra cassettes on Ebay sometimes. They are usually around $40-$50.

If it is a #1+ you will need to get programable cards to do the embroidery. In order to sew out designs that you could get online or at the store you will need to get a reader/writer. I am almost sure they don't even make those anymore. It is a real pain to figure that out the program out that goesw with it. Hence the reason I don't use it for embroidery.

It really is a great machine for fancy stitching as well as regular stitching but if you want to use it for embroidery I would maybe look at something else.

Someone mention the sensor on it. What that is is you select the fabric type you are working on and it automatically sets the tensions and such for that fabric type.

All though it does have a needle up/down feature you can not
pivot with it. I bought a Viking Quilt Designer so that I could have the pivot feature that the #1+ doesn't have.

I love both of my Vikings. My Mom has a Viking Designer Diamond - top of the line. She goes to Florida it the winter and leaves it at home since she has a Designer SE there. I keep an eye on their house so I get to go over and use it anytime I want. I can get my embroidery fix that way without having to buy a fancy machine.