Thread: Selvages
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
DonnaRae

I am getting the selvages ready for ironing so decided to take some pictures of before. I am going to keep taking pictures during the process. That should be fun, you think? I have started collecting paper towel tubes so I can wrap them as I iron, thanks for the great tip! I am hoping I can do kind of color, value system else as I go to use them it will be a pain to figure out what to use. I want to put more then one layer on the tubes else the tubes will take over my home. Any more tips will be more then welcome. I am also considering the hanger tip and I was thinking maybe clothes pins somehow. Maybe DH can figure something out for me. I don’t have much space, that is the problem Will have to figure it out as I go along. I have all my family saving tubes for me. Too funny. There are a lot more selvages then it looks in the pictures. I have a lot of ironing to do. So I will iron as I get tubes that way it won't feel like so much. But I am lucky. I have a steam press which for sure will help hurry things a long.

Here is the original link about the selvages.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7438.page

Dumped the basket. See the envelopes,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19974[/ATTACH]

I should have spread the envelopes out so you all could see how many. Maybe the next pics I will.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19975[/ATTACH]

Can't see in the basket. It was over flowing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67413[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19974.jpe   attachment-19975.jpe   attachment-67408.jpe