View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
patdesign

Originally Posted by judith ann
I have a red work that I want quilted.It is a panel I bought and spent 7 years doing the embroidery. I did the stem stitch using pearl cotton.
It was my just wait project. Doc. app.,oil changes,etc.
Yesterday I took it to a church to see about having it quilted.
I looked at what they are working on. The stitches are not as perfect as I thought they should be. Not as uniform is size as I thought hand quilting should be. They have done many many quilts through the years. Am I being to fussy?
Since the picture I added another 6 inch border same as the 2 inch inside border. It is backed and pinned and ready to hand quilt in a hoop. I would have to take it apart for them to put it on their frame. I guess I need to know if I should attempt the hand quilting myself? I have never done it but think I can do as good a stitch as they. Should I take another quilt top that has not as much work in it for them to do first to see if I wold be satisfied?
I would not want to offend them and they have seen the red work quilt and could start in Feb.judith ann
On something that nice, why don't you just go ahead and hand quilt it yourself? :-D