View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
tellabella

I need some pointers...
I have mentioned on the board that I run and after school quilting club at my high school...several co-workers have expresed interest in learning but can't come right after school due to other commitments, etc...and so, because I don't have enought to do....

I have offered to teach a beginning quilting course in the evening, once a week, to those who are interested...I don't want to charge for this but I have suggested that participants can make a donation, we can buy a bunch of fabric and on the last night we can have a pow wow and make a bunch of pillow cases for the million pillowcase challenge that is going on for charity...

Now teaching adults will be a little different and if you experienced quilting teachers can offer me some advice, assistance, handouts you use, anything at all will help...also, what is a good pattern to make...I would like to try a sampler..an easy one...can you suggest anything..and please let me know if this would be too complicated...when I took my first class we made a 9 patch Irish Chain..so I don't know if we should stick to a repeat of blocks or mix it up..I have offered 4 classes for now..about 2 hours or so...can we make a sampler in 4 weeks???

And finally, after I sent out this email to the staff, my principal emailed me back and said this was a great idea and has offered to provide some additional funds for us to buy fabric for charity...he is the such a good person... I was tickled...