Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

wow, I have some ideas for you:

coasters, potholders, placemats, applique heart for Valentines Day, criss cross coasters, pincushions, remote control holder, table runners, crazy quilt small project, maybe a small sampler quilt to show different unique quilt blocks, bookmarks, small wall hanging, doll quilt to show how to do binding something small, mug rug, appliques, tote bags

1. to discuss tools and how to use rotary cutter properly
2. sewing machine basics (get to know the sewing machine)

Originally Posted by Twilliebee
Hi everyone, I've been roped into offering a class at community school this year. It's one evening a week, 7-9, for 9 weeks and the 'class' is for people who haven't sewed before but are specifically interested in quilting. I'd like to send everyone home with at least two small completed projects, and I was thinking about coasters or potholders for Valentine's Day and maybe a small mug rug for St. Patrick's Day. I'm also thinking about an evening of basic mending (sewing on a button?), and simple embroidery (stem stitch, couple of others). I'd love any and all ideas, suggestions, guidelines.........any HELP at all. It's my first foray into teaching and after worming my way out of volunteering for the 4th year in a row, the guilt has finally gotten to me.
I just want anyone who comes out to this to see how much fun fabric is, and to feel free enough to enjoy it. Love to hear from you, and thanks, it's a great board.