Old 12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Lesley, putting the fabrics together was really easy. I look at the selvedge of the fabric and try to match the ink colors there. This was at a vendor's booth at out little local festival in 2007. This lady was from a town about 2 hours away. I had picked out most of the fabrics, but there were several gaps. Since she was going home that night to re-stock, she made notes about what I needed and matched up what she had to my needs. She is a lovely lady from the UK who was transplanted over here many years ago, but still has her beautiful accent! If I remember correctly, she was from Wales. The Asian fabric is Michael Miller and the Fairy Frosts are his, too, so they would match quite nicely. I don't usually stick with only 1 manufacturer for an entire quilt, but this one just had to be that way. The black is Kona cotton - the bestest black there is!!! We have a chain of stores called Hobby Lobby. They have the Kona and I will take a 40% off coupon and buy an entire bolt! (or whatever they have left on the bolt they have if it's not new) I used a King Tut varigated quilting thread in primary colors to quilt the curvy design between the spokes.

Isn't Judy's book the best? I have made just about every compass she has in there. My yellow avatar is the same one as is on the cover with my own design for the border.