View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Judie

Janome Memory Craft 5000?

I have one of these old sewing/embroidery machines. It sews like a champ and the embroidery it does is very nice. The problem I have is that I only have about 10 of the cards that plug into the side.. I have seen many other cards but I cannot tell which card it will read and which it won't. Some cards that are identical in size and and shape are not readable by this machine.

I know the machine is an old one, but it works great. I would like to know if anyone knows how I can find out which cards are readable by this machine. The Janome dealer here was no help.. I see other embroidery cards for sale on places like E-bay but since I can't tell if the machine will be able to use them I don't buy any.. Just because they say it will work in a 5000, 9000 etc, doesn't mean a thing, I know for certain that just because it will plug in doesn't mean it will read the card.

If you have one of these old machines, or know about them I'd like to find out some other things as well.. thank you, I know someone here will know all about it!