Thread: quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
leaha

When I moved to Oregon years ago it took me a couple of years to hook up with another quilter. She came to my cabin up on the mountain and brought her friend, I sharred with them what I was working on. It was very different from they had been doing, they asked me to give a class. (I had taken 3 classes in San Diego before the move) well I had never given a class, so I started working on it, long story short, I was then asked to start a guild. Long story short in what I did to learn how to get a guild started. I started the guild, it took us 3 years to do our first show. But it was a huge hit. We only had 8 members at the time of our quilt show, and we had many new gals join after the show. I was pres for 3 years and we had VERY informal meetings, lots of show and tell, new tips and tricks at each meeting. Our bussiness part was 5 to ten min. tops the rest of the meeting was fun and sharing. I would so love to have a guild like that here, but I am still looking for a quilter to hook up with. I will keep asking every one I meet if they are a quilter untill I find one! Now would be so happy with just meeting others to sew and have fun with.
Would I join another guild? in a heartbeat!