Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them. The nurses tell us they don't last long because there are so many preemie babies born nowadays. It's a wonderful way to give and a great way to use up scraps or donated fabrics. Sometimes thaat is all that a mother has to take home with her is the quilt that her small one was wrapped in when she got to hold it. Not all the little ones make it home.
Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
There are so many good causes out there now that can use quilts or anything homemade. My quilting club makes lap quilts each year around Christmas and they take them to the local Veterans Hospital. We also make larger quilts for any family that should have a house fire and lose everything. Last year I made bibs for the local nursing home also making cloth dolls for any little girl in the family where there house is lost to a fire. Just so many things that can really help out.