View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Barb Workman

Hi, my name is Barb Workman. I live in NE Oregon and am new to quilting (actually making them) but have had lots of exposure to them as I grew up. I come from a HUGE family (youngest of 13) and my Mom decided to do quilts for each of the grandkids when I was younger. She primarily did large block quilts that were tied together and backed by a sheet.

My becoming a Grandma got me back into sewing - dusting off really old skills - so I'm doing a mix of sewing for my kids and granddaughter and starting quilting, too. I made my little Angel her first real quilt (Disney Princess) and she absolutely loves it. She just turned 2, and is VERY tall for her age. Already 36" at 2 years old, but very slender, Grandma will be doing more sewing.

I'm also a photography addict and my sister-in-law had made the comment that it's too bad that I couldn't combine the two and develop my own quilt patterns. I've found a way to do that and am REALLY EXCITED to get started on my new projects.

One of those my personality aspects that is commented on all the time is that I "think outside the box" a lot. Even my photog instructor stopped giving me "set photo requirements" just parameters to work within because I'd blow him away every time I developed my photos for the final night's competition.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and I absolutely LOVE being able to talk quilting and sewing with experienced people!