Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 PM
marla

I have taken out quilting but what a pain to do. Look at the stitching to see if it is uniform or small, then larger stitching as the smaller stitches will take care and time.
I saw a wall hanging someone took to a LAQ and it was quilted over the applique rather than making a pattern around the applique. I would have been so unhappy but the owner seemed satisfied. It sure pays to look at their work before hiring a LAQ. Sometimes they show their work on line but it could be hard to see. See if others have used them and their satisfaction with the work.
Hugs,
Marla
Originally Posted by Blinky
I had an applique quilt machine quilted by a long arm quilter out of town. I am not at all happy with it. I put so much time into hand appliqueing and was going to try to enter it next year in a Fair quilt show but can't now because the machine quilting is done not so great. Would anyone rip out the machine quilting and have it done by someone that could do custom quilting (which may be out of my price range and the binding is already machine sewn on so there isn't that extra quilt batting and backing for a machine quilter)or I just may hand quilt it myself. It's not heavily quilted thank goodness and there are spots where she missed quilting a section. I guess you get what you pay for. Thought it was a good deal but not. So would anyone be crazy enough to take out the machine quilting stitches? :roll: