Thread: shopping spree
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 PM
BettyGee

Originally Posted by 1Blondie
Maybe that is what I need, I am recently retired and the walls are closing in on me. Not used to being home and can't seem to get used to it. I want to start projects but just don't have the get up and go. Or some one has to kick me in the butt to get me moving. I have some great ideas floating in my head but now to go to the sewing room and do it and go the to store and pick up the rest of the material to go along with it. Some one tell me to do it. So far retirement stinks. Only 59 years old and not used to being home. Was not a stay at home mom when the kids grew up and not used to this always worked 2 jobs and this is a little frustrating. Used to the hussle and bussle of working and now a studden stop. Some one give me that push.
Understand what you are feeling, but if this is a very recent retirement give it some time to sink in. I was a work-aholic and when I retired I felt totally lost. Then I started thinking about all the things that I had wanted to do when I was working and there wasn't time for it; or I was too tired when I got home to do anything other than necessities. Give yourself a break; you're too young to vegetate. If your health is still good you can now do all the things that you wanted when you were working. Try something new that sounds interesting. I learned how to bead weave when I was 65 and love it. Tried quilting when I was in my 20s and working got in the way; now I'm raring to go and retirement lets me do what I want to do. Hang in there it will get better.