Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 PM
marla

Ya know, I think we should be telling these LAQ if we are not happy. I would be very upset if a so called professional did not do it right. Esp. to have pleats in the back? I can do that, but hire someone to do better.
Sorry for the sound off, but as I read this strings, there are many who seem to get taken. If one is in business, they should be pleasing the customer. Well, my budget doesn't have room for mistakes by others. If you were getting a new roof, you would want it done right and so it goes with LAQ. Tell that person and either get a reduced price or refund. If they give you a hard time, pass the word around about the shoddy work so others don't hire them. Good luck.
Marla
Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
I'm in same situation. I made a large lap quilt for my best friend. I was so careful to make sure all seams were flat, quilt so true when I trimmed it. I only wanted a simple all over stippling (how could that go wrong). My co-workers wife does long arm and price was good. I explained (3 times) I DID NOT WANT IT REALLY BIG just a med stipple-
what did she do-BIG!! I'm so upset. I was so careful to make it smooth and now it has puckers in it. The stippling only goes through part of each block and I'm not sure after numerous washings how will it will hold up. I was thinking of SID each block but due to size will be a hassel (that was the point of sending it out). She gave it to me at work so I couldn't really tell her how upset I was-so I send I liked it. Send of story- I am up set and I paid her for it!!!! Live and Learn. Hope your quilt issues get resolved. Have a great holiday :-D