View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
OnTheGo

Thanks everyone. They gave it to her in 2005. And she did like it and she said they couldn't have given her anything she would liked better. She has dementia, but she remembered the little shirts. I made it in a hurry and didn't do as well as I would have liked. I quilted it on a hoop and that's not the easiest thing to do, but............

NOW, I need everybody's input/suggestions. Our daughter is moving to another country as a missionary and she has about 22 sorority tee shirts from which she wants a quilt. I'm both excited and apprehensive about starting this project. Actually, I'm procrastinating. I've had several ideas about how to do it. I finally decided that it should be lightweight and easy to launder ( a summer quilt). At first, I considered making it as a duvet cover, but changed my mind about that.

I bought some iron on batting to stabilize the tee fabric. The blocks will be quite large...perhaps 14"-16" Sqaure. I am thinking I will set it together with 4" ragged blocks sewn in strips. What do you think..???????