View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Marge L.

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I guess I'm the real scrouge in the bunch. I do not enjoy Christmas, in fact I hardily dislike it. 20 years ago I suffered a devastating loss on Christmas Day. Ever since then, I just can not get into Christmas. Early Dec each year I sink into a depression that I just can not pull myself out of until after the holidays. My wonderful DH understands this and humors me and supports me thru this time.

My children (all grown) just do not understand. I only give gifts to the grandchildren (now I have 2 of them) and I resent the time and money spent there as it is NOT appreciated. I don't decorate, or do anything extra. Sorry to be a party pooper friends. I have finally realized that this sadness will never go away, since it has been 20 years and shows no sign of abating.

But I cheer all of you on that enjoy this time of year!
:thumbup: Have a very Merry and enjoyable Christmas!
To me, Christmas is my saddest time of the year. We lost a son just a week before Christmas and even though it has been many years since, I simply can't overcome that lost feeling. I decorate very little and since my husband is no longer living either, cooking is not a requirement. The rest of the children and their families all live some distance away. Gifts are only for the grand children still in school. I will probably be by myself this year but I really don't mind. I have my quilting to keep me warm and occupied. I may sound bitter but I REALLY wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and may God bless you all. Marge