View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
babeegirl
Banned

I'm using Paint for this so bear with me. This is what I came up with and it does require a sort of applique. this is based on half square triangle theory so all in all you'll need 4 HST to make this block. I'd use dryer sheets or lightweight stabilizer, draw your circle on the stabilizer and put it on top of a green piece of fabric with the fabric face up. lay your green fabric face up on the table then put your stabilizer on top of thatStitch around the whole circle, then trim it to 1/4 inch of the stitched lines. Make a small clip in the stabilizer and turn it inside out. Your green fabric should be facing out and your circle will have finished edges ready to be stitched down either by hand or machine. Place this in the center of your background square. I would stitch it down by machine around the whole circle. You'll have to make your square big enough to allow for seam allowance because you are going to cut diagonally across the circle block from corner to corner to make 2 of the half circle triangles. Make 2 circle blocks to cut apart to equal the 4 leaves of the clover. The middle parts or the pointy parts of the clover can be done either by paper piecing or by drawing it out and cutting your pattern apart adding 1/4 inch around each piece for seam allowance.

Paper piece?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20135[/ATTACH]

Stitch down the circle, preferably by machine then cut block apart on the dotted line.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20576[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20135.jpe   attachment-20576.jpe   attachment-37493.jpe