View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
OnTheGo

ceannastahr, I think the pockets would work for your dad's arm & hands. I just thought of something else...you might take part of a sleeve from an old shirt...maybe from the elbow down including the cuff. He could pull the quilt close to his body & slide the arm into it. I'm picturing it in my head.

I have lots more projects in mind....I've been saving old cotton clothes that still have good fabric to use in quilts. I can remember quilts from my childhood and some I still have that had pieces of clothes I had worn. It was so much fun to remember when I wore that dress or that skirt, etc. I would say I'm new to quilting, but I'm not...I quilted along side my mother and aunt even before I was a teenager...that was a long time ago. :roll: ..but haven't done much in many years. Just never found the time.

One thing I want to do is make the grandsons ( they're twins, but you'd never guess) a quilt from their old tees and make a bed skirt using denim and sewing on back pockets from their old jeans that they could use for books, the remote or whatever ........I realize that I'd have to leave some fabric around the jean's pocket to make it big enough to hold a book...that's something to figure out as I go.

I'm reluctant to mention these things, because someone will be expecting me to have them finished soon. I won't, but I can still dream.