Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 PM
irishrose

Thank you, Billy. A problem already. When I went to move the machine carrying it by the top arm, the wooden base fell apart. It was very difficult to deal with because the weight of the machine was still attached, but I managed to glue it back together with some carpenter's glue and added some shims that were missing in the corners. Red duct tape does nothing for the case!

Questions - is the age correct if this is the 128? Did they really use shuttles that late? Is there anything less flammable and less smelly than kerosene to clean it with? It's too cold here to work outside. The metal parts appear to be in very good shape. It has fewer chips than my Elna- in fact, it appears to have none. The wood is a little musty smelling, but I can deal with that as long as it's intact.

One more question - can the feeds be dropped on this machine? That's my only compliant on my Elna. I love that machine, but it would be nice to have adjustable pressure foot or the capability to drop the feeddogs. No, I have one more on the Elna - it sews so perfectly, it's a bit** to take out any stitches.