View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 AM
susiequilt

I'm on a no buy moratorium until I use up what fabric I already have which probably will take the rest of my life but I will buy if the price is right.
In the last couple of months I have bought fabric from a few going out of business sales on line $2-$4 a yard for quilt shop fabric.
I couldn't resist the sale recently for pre cut pieces which I think were about $3 a yard sale price.
I did just order something at $8.50 yd because I really, really wanted it! Got 4 yds. Ouch!

I shop sales only anymore but a real sale. I visited a shop where $9 fabric was on sale for $8.50! Not a sale in my book.
Buying online I stick with $4-$5 a yard because taking into consideration shipping it adds to the cost.
I'm retired, fixed income so that does make a difference in what I'm willing to spend.

My very first online fabric purchase was bought from you several years ago! I agonized over the price so much. $8.50 yd if I remember right. Hoffmans Christmas Cardinals with coordinating fabric. I even had you measuring the distance between the birds! You were so patient with me! I'll always remember that great customer service.
:-D