Thread: Potato Bags
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by dharen7
Went to my sil last night to make potato bags had 100% cotton material and batting. Put our first ones together piece of cake they're so easy. Then I said I wonder if our thread had to be 100% cotton. So down to the kitchen we went. Threw hers! in the microwave. TaDa fire. Now the problem could have been the 1 thread 2 her microwave is as old as can be first ones made. 3 no turntable 4 no potato with wet papertowel. So after we fanned the kitchen out put out the fire in the bag. I went upstairs took my bag completely apart. Now off to the store to find cotton thread. Does anyone make these for craft shows went to the one at EJ Thomas hall last week she was sellin a lot of them. Do you use 100 cottn thread

I bought a potato bag kit at a fabric store on black friday (for $4!) because I wanted to get the pattern--I am already planning for making these for Xmas presents for next year!. They specifically said to buy the warm tator batting (which they were selling for $2.50 a yard!) and they specifically said to use all cotton thread. Then all should be well. I plan to make three yet for Xmas presents for this year. Good luck.