Thread: Quilt frame
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:29 AM
MarthaT

Originally Posted by Hinterland
Your frame looks very comfy to sit at and work - and you can see the entire quilt which is always neat!

Do you ever get a bubble of fabric in the middle, since you're quilting towards the center? And do you have cats??? Mine would be in the center, supervising the work!
Yes, when we built our house I planned enough room in the great room to have a full-sized quilt stretched out in the frame. No, I never have bubbles because the backing is stretched out completely (but not too tightly) before anything else goes on and everything stays stretched all through quilting, because you roll in from opposite sides as you quilt and keep it stretched tight as you roll it. This is a BIG advantage of using this type of frame. No basting needed and no puckers.

Yes, we have one cat and he tried once, but it was when I had an old quilt stick that had broken at a knot and had been sort of patched together. He chose to jump on that side and the stick broke. Scared him to death. Never tried it again. But I have a water gun handy if he tries it again. :lol: My cabinet maker hubby made me some sturdy replacements after that.