Thread: Quilt frame
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:45 AM
MarthaT

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt
Thank you for posting the pictures! It's great to see where and how you hand quilt.
BTW: I love the rose fabric you use for the backing and the border!
Funny you mentioned that rose fabric. There's a story behind that! This quilt is the second one I made with scraps someone gave me and I used the rose fabric on the first one. A customer saw it and wanted one like it. I told her I had enough scraps to do the center but didn't have any more rose fabric for the borders. She said that was the part she liked best. I assumed the fabric was old enough that it was probably discontinued, but I told her I'd try to find it. I knew it was Moda fabric by 3 Sisters from the selvage, but didn't know the collection. I looked and looked on internet, but couldn't find that print in any Moda 3 Sisters fabric collection. All the while praying that God would help me find it if it was available, because I just couldn't find any substitute fabric that did the same thing for the quilt. Finally I gave up and got the scraps out to finish it with some other fabric that I wasn't quite satisfied with, when I discovered "Paris Flea Market" on one of the other fabrics selvage. Could they all be part of that collection? So, with one last prayer, I googled that and found one online store that still had a few fabrics from that discontinued fabric collection and I ordered enough for the borders and the backing. A true answer to prayer! (And now I have three other beautiful fabrics that I had picked up to see if they would work to make another quilt with.)