View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 AM
quiltingfan

Merry Christmas everyone.
One year I realized that writing Christmas cards was making me depressed. It was not fun, did not enjoy it and hated every moment of it. We were in the mist of moving and I decided that I had had enough. Did not send them out and guess what? Nothing happened, nobody called and asked where there cards where, nobody was mad at me, and nobody even cared. That was the point where I decided that omethings are just not worth the hassle. Now I do what brings me and my family joy. My husband is having a ball decorating outside, it seems like everyday he brings home more stuff to put up and I let him. So what if our bill is sky high this month. He may not be around next Christmas ( he may be deployed, you never know) and that is what he enjoys. My girls love baking for there friends and teachers. They may mess up the kitchen more than I like but they are happy, so I let them. I am making mug rugs for all my neighbors and friends, I think my brother and his family are getting them also. Why stress over the perfect gift when there is no perfect gift. All about just a little something to say "that I am thinking of you. " My parents also for that matter. We are having a Christmas party after Christmas eve services, no idea how many people will come, will make what I make and if they leave hungry that is ok because they have food at home. They are here for the fellowship and to celebrate Jesus birth.
For those that the holidays make them sad, I pray that you will find a measure of peace to help you along the way. It would be great if there was such a thing as the "easy" button. That we could push to help through these times. May you find what makes YOU happy. It probably is not decorating, baking, shopping but that is OK. Feel free to have your emotions, and your feelings and do not let feelings of guilt also cloud your thoughts. You have enough to deal with and guilt is the worst and something you do not need to feel. If want to take your vacation and get away, do so. I hate the ending of "Christmas with the Kranks" I think they should have gone on the cruise. Do what you want to do and do not feel bad about not being happy over a holiday. Be happy because on other days you can be happy.
So on that note (which I hope it made sense) I shall say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.